Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Vinny's Coming home

We just talked to the vet and they said that our Vinny Vin Vin can come home at around noon. Wow, I didn't think it would be so soon. I'm a little nervous and super excited all at once. Gosh, how we've missed him that last two days.

The vet said that Vinners is doing well, he's almost doing too well, he's very active in his cage, more so then he'd like for a puppy with a fractured leg. He would like to have see him more calm and sedate like. I imagine they will send us home with pain meds and something to calm him. His arm is NOT in a cast, but its bandaged. (I'm thinking because they have to keep removing and reinserting pins over the next few months that cast is not going to work? They didn't go over that stuff with us before surgery, so I have a lot of questions.)

When I heard how well he's doing I knew that we've done the right thing. A huge smile came to myself, I'm like a silly kid here. I think we're even more excited to bring him home then the first time! It's funny because I could totally picture him in this crate thing being a silly guy trying to get lovins' from all the vets. That's definately our Vinny.

I want to say thank you to everyone that's been pulling for Vinny, that's prayed or given positive thoughts and for those that have been able to donate. Someone said they wish they could have sent more, but I can truly say the smallest donation helps. It's wonderful to know that people understand what we are going through and what it's like to love your pet so much you'd do anything you could to help them. I know that Vinny has made many dog buddies and we've enjoyed all the pictures we've been given so far. We are especially tickled by the Boston Terrier pictures. Bostons have truly captured our hearts and I can see so much of our own little Piglet in the antics of your Bostons.

I do have hope today that our little guy is going to make a full recovery and be his super star self.

I wanted to also thank all of you for the great suggestions and ideas. Ali shared with me a website about disabled dogs and other animals and how they live great full lives. I too believe that a "crippled" animal is worth saving and loving and having a home that cherishes him. For inspiring animal stories you can check out Rolling Dog Ranch. Going through the pictures and stories of the furry friends has helped us quite a bit. Other pets have made it through worse situations and are doing wonderful and I'm so glad that there's places like Rolling Dog Ranch that will pay for all the treatments those animals need and give them a wonderful home. I think that's a great place to donate too and I hope one day I can be able to do so after we get our Vinny on the healed path. I saw too many stories to share with you but the one about Oscar the wiener dog had me teary and smiling all together. My great Aunt had a wiener dog with three legs and he was such a clown and not hindered at all, I couldn't believe how fast he could run and how he could jump all over.

Then there's Travis would a fused jaw. He's so beautiful and it seems he's living a good life now inspite of his issues. There's Pappy whom the Pappy Fund is named for. Bossy Birdie is inpiring too.

Another wonderful person that's been involved in Boston Terrier rescue sent me information about IMOM You can apply with them to see about receiving help for the care of your pet. I might have never known about them had she not taken the time to email me. I also think it's really great that something like IMOM is out there. As far as I knew, there wasn't much one could do if their pet needed treatment that could help them but it was out of their finanical means. I'm learning quite a bit through this nightmare and I just want to pass on the kindess and knowledge I've been given. Bookmark that site if God forbid your furry baby should ever need care you can't afford.

I made a long list of questions I have for the vet so I don't feel rushed or forget anything. And thank you to one of my best friends, who also bred Vinny, for doing his puppy shots; We're also saving quite a bit of money there.

The vet also said everything went so well that the surgery came in at the estimate of $2900, which was paid for by my brother-in-law, his fiance, their cat (who has cancer), and their Jack Russell, Billy.

Whew. Now we will take it one day at a time and hope that we can keep on top of vet bills for the future treatments.

Thank you so much to all, I can't wait to go get him; I'm off to get ready and I'll take plenty of pictures.

By the way, I'm sure my posts have had run on sentences, typos and the like but I've been too tired and scattered brain to care about checking. Excuse me for that, last night though I did finally get some sleep.

Talk to you all soon,

Melissa and Vinny

Comments on "Vinny's Coming home"

 

Blogger Ziz said ... (Wednesday, August 02, 2006 10:51:00 AM) : 

I'm so glad he is doing so well! yay!! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, August 03, 2006 3:26:00 PM) : 

Hi there! We are so glad Vinny is ok and doing well, we were so worried during his surgery. Can't wait to see him. Love you guys!! Heidi and Bill

 

post a comment