Thursday, August 03, 2006

What a long day

It's wonderful having Vinny home now, but the hard works starts now. Here's a picture of him with one of the vets. My stupid camera sucks with shutter speed lately and lighting after it was dropped. Sorry for the quality, I don't have time to fiddle with my camera now.

Vinny comes home

I'm going to try and get a quick update out before Vinners yells for me. It was such a long night. We picked him up at noon and he was doing great. The vet was true to his word, he was all licks and trying to put his head on us, which was impossible with this silly collar. They took the bandage off which makes me so nervous since he really tries to thrash around in his crate and I'm afraid he's going to aggravate the staples.

He cried and moaned and whimpered the whole time in the car and he was literally going INSANE. Richard had to hold him by then, and really hold him good, I was a wreck thinking he'd hurt himself.

We got home thinking he'd be better and he wasn't. We put him into the great after some lovings but then he peed. I've been removing the top of the crate so as not to take a chance in hurting him if he tries to fight or the collar has a hard time getting through the openng. It was also easier to rinse out that what. Waylon has a great like Vinny's older sister so I'm going to go check that out. I like that I can see him better that way. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

After he was carrying on some more mama got out her secret stash just to see if my piglet would respond.

What is the secret stash you ask? CHEERIOS. :o)

Not only did he want a cheerio but he wanted to devour my hand off. The poor little guy was STARVING. I gave him some servings of good and he was just devouring it, we didn't even have time to take his collar off to make it easier. He ate FOUR small bowls of food, I was concerned he'd throw up but he couldn't stop himself, he was famished. I called the vet to see when was the last time he ate and they said at 3 a.m and 8.am. Now, I can't help but wonder if that meant that was the ONLY time he ate since he was admitted on the evening of the 31st? Good lord, no wonder he was starving if so.

Here you can see his funny new haircut (what's with the little mohawk strip?) and his pain patch.

Ravenous Vinny

He drank really well too. I do think he IS doing really well and in fact I'm worried he's going to hurt his leg. He as trying to use his arms to grab Richard last night, like he always did. He was trying to chew on his, lean up to kiss us, do his little sassy growl at us, it's good to see him our in Vim, but he has to be calme! I suppose I'm just super over protective right now, I can't help it. But they didn't give me anything to sedate him. I'm going to ask the vet today when they call me back about that. His bottom also looks a little swollen. I'm not sure if the meds irritate his stool and that's why, but he's never had this problem before. He does have a pain patch though. He was putting some weight down on his arm when he ate or tried to walk a bit when we took him out. But he's only tried to walk, not go. I don't want him doing that, even though they said some light walking is OK, because he tries to stand up on his rear legs (he's on a leash) and what if he fel down on his leg? To me, that's close to jumping.

Vinny, Vinny, Vinny. Maybe he should be called Evil Kienevil sp?

He kept eating all night and again some this morning. He seems to prefer eating from MY hand or Jake's. Jake was so thrilled when Vinny reached out to give him his paw. Awww. He's also very THRISTY. I'm glad to see his appetite is good. I only take his collar off for very short periods because if I don't he tries to scratch it quite a bit with his good arm. But what he really wants is to put his head on us. I think he was one of the pups in the litter that laid on his brothers body, because he's always wanted to lay on you when he sleeps.

Here's some pictures right after we got back home from the 4th of July weekend.

I wonder why my neck is sore?

People pillow

Sleepoever

He tried to limp over the stairs as he held his underside. I knew what he wanted. He wanted to sleep in his bed aka as our bed. We cuddled him and told him good-night. He wasn't happy at all of course. He woke up sometime in the middle of the night and then whimpered back to sleep. By 5.am he was bossing us around, as anyone would if they have gone to the bathroom in their bed. That was an interesting coorperation between Richard and I, since he had poop on his collar, nails, towel etc. He was already very stinky when he came home and shoowee, his Sylvester smells hideous, which Vinny thinks is great, the stinkier the better, right?

But this morning he really broke my heart as he limped over to the bed as I held his belly and helped. He sat there right next to his side, like, "Mama, why can't I sleep on my bed?"

Sniff.

I let him up for about 2 minutes as he lay down and I gave him lovins' that had to put him back. That vet should call me back soon.

**Update, the vet (a different one each time), suggested diaper cream for his bottom, he had loose stools before due to the antibiotics. She's checking to see if he might need a mild sedative and she also said slight walking is a good sign that his arm is doing better. We keep him from romping so that's good. I was just worried for him to use it at all. The next few months are so important in making sure his leg heals well. If all goes well, he should be jumping and running one day with just a %10 to %20 weakness in the bone. I think since he's a puppy it's a bit tricky, he's full of thunder, pistols, and friskiness.

Talk too you all soon and thank you so much. We really appreciate it.

Comments on "What a long day"

 

post a comment