Friday, August 11, 2006

Pictures

I'm stealing away a few more minutes. I was starting to feel sick when I realized I hadn't eaten anything. The mornings can be rough as I'm on my own and don't want to involve the kids too much in Vinny's care because they get nervous. They're afraid they'll accidentally poke his eye helping me get his collar back on. They're afraid they'll bump his arm and so forth. Vinny could care less, even though the side of his elbow has that pokey knot (the plate?) that is making his skin reddish and sore looking, he's trying to paw at his rawhide and at us to get attention. I took him out to pee, which he did just fine and I could see he was using his leg to get to where he wanted so that's a good sign.

That's a puppy for you. He has that youth going for him and hopefully it wll make for good healing. He's really, really, really in a chewing mood lately. I imagine those puppy teeth are driving him nuts so I sat down next to him while he was in the harness today so he could chew his rawhide until it was soggy. Blech.

Maybe that's why I haven't eaten yet, soggy rawhides don't look too tasty, but to him, they're lucious.

Vinners would potty no problem outside, however, the little booger did his business almost instantly when I put him into his crate so I could eat and straighten up. I'm not sure if that's his way of getting out or if he's more comfortable going in his crate. I hope not, that's a bad habit to get in to. I do know though that he always had to do his three circle spin before doing his business and now it's hard for him to do so since we have the leash so short to avoid him jumping or running.

If anyone has an suggestions or advice, send it my way. Good thing I'm used to the poop dilemna's with four kids and having worked in daycare and preschool a bazillion years ago. It's a glamorous life, I know, I know, you're jealous.

Here's some pictures of Vinny, some before his accident and some obviously after the little guy had surgery.

This was taken in Michigan when we were at my grandma's for the 4th of July. Richard was already in love with the little guy and couldn't spoil him enough. I think this is one of my favorite pictures at the moment. Vinny was 8 weeks old in this picture, I've been marveling at how big he's grown in just a month.

Man's Best Friend

Vinny was a soccer star and hopefully he'll be one again. He loved to chase the ball down the court or field and attack it, even pushing it along with his head and paws. Here he's playing ball outside a community hall in Kentucky when I drove my grandma down for a family reunion. He is a thief because he stole many hearts that weekend. His tummy was so fat and full from people sneaking him ham and biscuits.

Vinny the Soccer Star

He runs the court

This shot was taken outside a gas station, it was appalled that the kids went without him. He was raining and he wanted to get out and get messy.

Where did they go without ME?

This was at the hotel in Kentucky after being in the car for 13 hours. He was so good on the road, sleeping most of the time and running around during our stops. As soon as we settled into the hotel though, his Boston Terrible side came out. Whoa. He was telling us who was boss and what we needed to do and how he was going to chomp our ears off if we didn't play with him. Richard rough housed with him for a long time and he was barking and singing so loud I thought for sure we'd wake up the other guests. Ironically, we found out the guests next to us turned out to be my grandma's nephew that also drove in for the reunion. Oh, Vinny won the match, he chomped Richard's ears after all.

You listen to me!

These pictures were taken just two days before his accident. He was getting friskier with the cat, jumping up at him and barking to get his way. He used to run up to the cat and then back off when Mow Mow would bop him on the head. He thought if his little growling didn't convince the cat that he should share, maybe his begging eyes would.

I want cat food!

I'll use my Boston sad eyes...

Here's Lil' J and Vinners after he came home from surgery. It's also his 3 month birthday.

Glad he's home

Here's a close up of his staples and wound area. He has more on the inside of his arm and 3 on his shoulder. He had a type 4 salter harris fracture right on his elbow bone & growth plate. I'm not even quite sure what that means, I just know it was on both sides of the bone and it was bad. :o(

Ouch

Here's a full body shot. He's gotten so big and I just hope his leg will grown normally.

Vinny after surgery

I'll get some more pictures up this weekend of Vinny the Superhero. He goes in on Wednesday to have his staples removed. They're looking pretty good I think and he's had his collar on always unless we're right there.

Again, we're so humbled by the help he's been given, by the encouraging emails, and all the great advice. Thanks so much.

Vinny sends snarfly kisses.


**Rory, we saw your comment but it was accidentally deleted. Thank you for the love.

Comments on "Pictures"

 

Blogger Willie and Waylon said ... (Friday, August 11, 2006 4:46:00 PM) : 

Vinny:

Get well soon...Waylon did not like his collar at all. We have ONE MORE WEEK until x-rays to check his leg. It will be 2 months since surgery on 8/18.
BT Kisses!!
Jennifer and Wiilie & Waylon

 

Blogger My Pugs Blogger said ... (Friday, August 18, 2006 1:09:00 PM) : 

I hope everything went well on Wednesday! Hang in there guys - you're doing great!

 

post a comment