Thursday, August 24, 2006

Doggie Exercises

It's been too long again since my last update. I also looked and realized that a post I made was saved as a draft and not posted. Grr. I need to double check things lately, I'm in such a hurry it seems to get everything done that I'm assuming the computer is obeying when it's not. :o)

Vinny is healing well. The vet said his large bone looks good, but that the smaller bones aren't looking as good as she'd like so she gave us an exercise to do with him for a week. We take his paw and fold it under and hold it for 30 seconds and do that over and over as much as we can throughout the day. He's being a good sport about it, especially when there's treats involved.

Since she's not happy about how his small bones are healing obviously she's not ready to start taking pins out. We found out that the pin removal should be relatively simple, she'll give him a sedative and then poke open the skin and remove a pin or two. That was a huge relief for me, because one of the vets tried to tell us that it would be an operation each time he had pins taken out! EEK! Not only is that expensive, but that's hard on a puppy.

Eventually though she'll take the big screw out and that one will require that he goes under. I'm not looking foward to that. But he'll be fine and we'll get through it. We thank all of you that have been able to help and who have supported us through emails and comments. We really do appreciate it, I know I keep saying that, but it's true. We're doing all we can right now and through your help, we've been able to cover x-rays and the visit when one of the pins was migrating out. Every little bit has helped.

I'm waiting to hear back about an interview I had last week and today I'm putting another application in. I'm just trying to remain hopeful that things are going to turn around. I can't believe how BIG he is getting. I have to upload some pictures in flickr today. He's looking like a little handsome Boston boy.

I'll get some pictures up and check the email, I want to try and send out replies today for those who have sent us messages, I just got backed up last week when my husband had a bad ear infection and had to have a cracked tooth pulled. Then our oldest daughter had some mysterious rash that was itchy and spreading from an "allergic" reaction to "something". The doctor could give us no ideas, just three bottles of medicine. Isn't that the way it always works? Sigh. If it's not one thing, it's another.

Vinny sends his love.

Comments on "Doggie Exercises"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, August 24, 2006 6:07:00 PM) : 

I can't wait to see the new pictures!

 

post a comment